Are you planning to host a Valentine’s Day party this year? Whether you’re planning a romantic evening with your significant other or a fun Galentine’s Day with friends, there are plenty of Valentine’s Day party ideas and themes to choose from.
From decorations to food, games, and activities, there are many ways to make your Valentine’s Day party memorable and special.
Choosing a Valentine’s Day Party Theme
Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to start new traditions, throwing a party and celebrating love. But with so many themes to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide what kind of party to throw. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect Valentine’s Day party theme.
Romantic vs. Fun Themes
Before you choose a theme, decide whether you want a romantic or a fun party. If you’re celebrating with your significant other, a romantic theme might be more appropriate. Consider themes like “A Night in Paris,” “Romeo and Juliet,” or “Love Letters.”
If you’re throwing a party for friends, a fun theme might be more appropriate. Consider themes like “Galentine’s Day,” “Anti-Valentine’s Day,” or “Love Stinks.”
Color Schemes and Decor
Once you’ve decided on a theme, choose a color scheme and decor to match. For a romantic theme, go with reds, pinks, and whites. For a fun theme, go with bright colors and playful decor.
Valentine’s Day Party Theme Ideas:
Planning a Valentine’s Day party with a creative and fun theme can make the celebration more memorable. Here are some unique and enjoyable Valentine’s Day party themes:
- Encourage guests to wear elegant attire and stylish masks.
- Decorate the venue with rich colors, feathers, and candles.
Cupid’s Arrow Dance Party:
- Transform the space into a dance floor with heart-shaped decorations and twinkling lights.
- Encourage guests to dress as cupids, angels, or wear red and white attire.
- Embrace a retro theme with decorations inspired by the 1950s or another vintage era.
- Play classic love songs and encourage guests to dress in vintage clothing.
Galentine’s Day Brunch:
- Celebrate friendships with a brunch theme for your gal pals.
- Decorate with pastel colors, flowers, and feminine touches.
Sweethearts Candy Party:
- Decorate with pastel colors and add cute messages (you can ask guests to write some as well).
- Create a candy bar with various sweets for guests to enjoy.
- Transform the party space into a magical garden with fairy lights, flowers, and greenery.
- Encourage guests to wear floral or garden-inspired attire.
Red Carpet Romance:
- Give your party a glamorous touch with a red carpet entrance.
- Encourage guests to dress in formal attire and have a photo booth for memorable snapshots.
DIY Craft Party:
- Provide craft supplies for guests to make their own Valentine’s Day cards or crafts.
- This theme works well for smaller, intimate gatherings.
Movie Marathon Night:
- Set up a cozy space for a romantic movie marathon.
- Create a concession stand with popcorn, candy, and drinks.
Around the World in Love:
- Celebrate different cultures and their expressions of love.
- Incorporate international cuisine, decorations, and music from various regions.
Invitations and Announcements
When it comes to throwing a Valentine’s Day party, your invitations and announcements set the tone for the event. Here are some tips to help you create the perfect invitations for your guests.
Custom Valentine’s Cards
Consider creating custom Valentine’s Day cards for your party invitations. You can choose from a variety of creative templates and designs, including animal prints, chocolate graphics, die-cut designs, and even special folds to make a statement.
Websites like Canva offer a variety of options to choose from.
Digital vs. Paper Invites
Deciding between digital and paper invitations can be a tough choice. While paper invites may be more traditional, digital invitations offer convenience and can be just as beautiful and creative.
No matter which option you choose, make sure to include all the important details such as the date, time, location, dress code, and any special instructions or requests.
Valentine’s Day Decorations
If you’re planning a Valentine’s Day party, you’ll want to make sure your decorations are on point. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
DIY Decor Ideas
DIY decorations can be a fun and cost-effective way to add a personal touch to your party. Some ideas to try include:
- Heart garlands made from construction paper or felt
- Balloon arches in shades of pink and red
- Mason jar centerpieces filled with flowers or candy
- Chalkboard signs with love quotes or party details
- Photo backdrops with heart-shaped props
If you’re short on time or prefer to purchase your decorations, there are plenty of options available. Some places to look include:
- Party supply stores like Party City or Oriental Trading
- Online retailers like Amazon or Etsy
- Local craft stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby
Here are some decoration you can get from Amazon:
No matter what route you choose, be sure to stick to your budget and choose decorations that fit your party’s theme and style. With a little creativity and planning, you can create a beautiful and memorable Valentine’s Day party.
Party Activities and Games
Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating love and romance, so why not plan some fun couple’s games for your party?
One great idea is to create a “Love Is Blind” game where couples are blindfolded and have to identify each other by touch or smell.
Another fun game is “The Newlywed Game,” where couples answer questions about each other to see how well they know each other.
If you’re hosting a larger Valentine’s Day party, group activities are a great way to keep everyone entertained.
You can set up a DIY photo booth with Valentine’s Day props and backdrops, or organize a Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt with clues hidden throughout your home or venue.
Another fun idea is to have a “Cupid’s Arrow” Q-Tip Shoot game, where guests use Q-tips and straws to shoot “arrows” into a bowl or plate.
Food and Drink Ideas
Valentine’s Day is all about sharing love and happiness with your significant other. And what better way to do that than with some delicious food and drinks? Here are some ideas for themed snacks, appetizers, cocktails, and non-alcoholic beverages that will make your party a hit.
Themed Snacks and Appetizers
Make your guests feel the love with some heart-shaped snacks and appetizers. You can use a cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes from cheese, fruit, and vegetables.
You can also make heart-shaped pizzas, sandwiches, and quesadillas.
For a sweet treat, try making heart-shaped brownies, cookies, or rice crispy treats.
Another fun idea is to create a DIY charcuterie board with heart-shaped crackers, meats, and cheeses. You can also add some fresh fruit and nuts to balance out the flavors.
Cocktails and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
No party is complete without some delicious drinks. For cocktails, try making a classic champagne cocktail with a twist by adding some raspberry or strawberry puree.
You can also make a love potion martini with vodka, raspberry liqueur, and cranberry juice.
For non-alcoholic beverages, try making a strawberry lemonade or a raspberry iced tea. You can also create a fun mocktail bar with different types of fruit juices, sparkling water, and fresh fruit for garnish.
Remember to always drink responsibly and have plenty of non-alcoholic options available for your guests.
Valentine’s Day Party Favors
Valentine’s Day party favors are a great way to show your guests how much you appreciate them. Whether you choose to make your own DIY gifts or purchase pre-made goodie bags, there are plenty of options to fit any budget.
DIY Gift Ideas
If you’re feeling crafty, consider making your own Valentine’s Day party favors. Some easy and affordable ideas include:
- Heart-shaped cookies or brownies wrapped in cellophane and tied with a ribbon
- Personalized photo magnets or keychains
- Handmade bath bombs or soap bars
- Mini succulent plants in decorative pots
- Customized mason jar candles with a romantic scent
By making your own gifts, you can add a personal touch and customize them to fit your party’s theme.
Pre-Made Goodie Bags
If you don’t have time to make your own party favors, there are plenty of pre-made options available. Some popular choices include:
- Heart-shaped sunglasses or headbands
- Candy-filled treat bags with Valentine’s Day-themed wrappers
- Miniature bottles of champagne or sparkling cider
- Scented hand sanitizers or lotions
- Personalized wine glasses or shot glasses
When choosing pre-made goodie bags, consider your guests’ preferences and any dietary restrictions they may have. You can also add a personal touch by including a handwritten note or custom label on the packaging.
Music and Entertainment
Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love and what better way to do that than with music and entertainment?
Creating a Playlist
Creating a playlist is a great way to set the mood for your party. Choose romantic songs that will get your guests in the mood for love.
You can include classic love songs, modern hits, and even some cheesy love ballads.
Spotify and Apple Music have pre-made Valentine’s Day playlists that you can use as inspiration.
Hiring a DJ or Band
If you want to take your party to the next level, consider hiring a DJ or a band. A DJ can play a mix of romantic songs that will keep your guests dancing all night long.
A band can add a live element to your party and create a more intimate atmosphere. Make sure to book your entertainment well in advance to ensure availability.
Photography and Memories
Valentine’s Day is all about creating memories with your loved one, and what better way to capture those memories than through photography? Here are some ideas to help you create lasting memories of your Valentine’s Day celebration.
Photo Booth Setup
Setting up a photo booth is a fun and easy way to capture memories. You can create a DIY photo booth by hanging a backdrop and setting up props like heart-shaped glasses, cupid’s bow and arrow, or love-themed signs.
Don’t forget to include a camera or smartphone to take pictures.
If you have an instant photo printer, you can ask your guests to take pictures and print their favorite one, and you can later on create a photo album of the day.
Save it on Pinterest for later: