Last updated on November 20th, 2021
Known for its numerous health benefits and with almost 30 millions practitioners in the USA alone, yoga is quickly becoming a popular way of exercising. No wonder you know someone who does yoga!
If you are looking for a gift for the yogi in your life but have no idea where to start. If you are losing patience over what to find for your loved one, then take a deep breath in, deep breath out, that’s it, relax and keep reading to find all that a yogi, from beginner to advanced, can want.
We’re here to help you find the best yoga gift, for any occasion, be it for a birthday, or for Christmas, including gifts that will please your loved one, as well as gifts for yoga teachers.
We’ve carefully selected the best yoga equipment every yogi needs as well as the best yoga-themed gifts that will surely please the yoga lover in your life.
Here are our top picks:
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on any links and make a purchase, we’ll get a small commission, at no cost to you.
Best yoga gifts – Yoga accessories for their practice
1 – A Yoga Mat
When choosing a yoga mat you must make sure it’s non-slippery and sufficiently padded. Here are a few nice options:
For the beginner yogis:
- Hand and Foot Placements Printed on Mat
- Non Toxic and Eco Friendly
- Phthalate and Latex Free, SGS Tested and Certified
- Works as a kids yoga mat as well as an adult yoga mat (self adjust to work with any height)
- Extra Long and Extra Thick
The CopyCat Yoga Instructional and Educational Yoga Mat is perfect for beginners to bring to their yoga class or use at home. Yoga poses as well as foot and hands placements are printed on it to make sure yogis do the pose properly. It self-adjusts to fit any height or flexibility level.
The mat is non-toxic (phthalate and latex-free, non-toxic ink), extra long, and extra thick.
For the eco-conscious yogi who travels:
- Foldable, grippy, eco yoga mat great for home, travel or outdoors
- Clean: origami folding keeps top clean, rinse in shower hang by attached straps
- Made with plant-based vegan material to support a positive impact on our planet
- Award-winning grip that combats slip, and helps you remain grounded both in body and mind
- With every mat purchased, Yogo funds a food-bearing tree and agricultural training for a rural African family
Easy to fold and place in a small bag, it comes with attached straps to carry it everywhere. The way it folds makes it more hygienic than regular mats.
For the perfectionist yogi:
- New Eco Friendly Material – More expensive but worth it. TPE is the latest technological improvement to the traditional yoga mats. No latex, no PVC, or any heavy metal. Our mats are made of SGS certified TPE material which is non-slip, odor-less and excellent in cushioning, unlike those cheap & traditional non-green PVC, NBR or EVA yoga mats. They are truly eco-friendly, healthy.
- Body Alignment System: The alignment lines help you to focus and adjust your hands and feet to the accurate position, and keep body in proper alignment.
- Perfect Performance –6mm in thickness offers the most comfortable experience for all level yogis. Double layer structure design provides optimal grip, excellent cushioning and double-sided non-slip texture, best suitable to practice many forms of Yoga.
- Extra Large Size: 72"(183cm) x 26" (66cm); Thickness: 6mm; Weight: 2.8lb (Approx). Longer and wider than regular yoga mats, ideal almost for everyone. Velcro strap and Carrying strap included.
- Specialized Yoga Brand: Being a professional yoga product manufacturer for over 10 years, we have been and still continuing to source our planet for the best materials to achieve the best yoga mats. Please visit HEATHYOGA AMAZON STORE for more product offerings!
The Heathyoga Eco-Friendly Non-Slip Yoga Mat is all the rage at the moment. Its body alignment system makes it easy to keep your body properly aligned with the right foundations.
Eco-friendly, the material used (TPE) makes the mat non-slippery. Bigger than regular mats, the thickness is the perfect compromise between comfort and balance. It’s also super hygienic as it doesn’t absorb sweat.
For the fashionable yoga lover:
- 🌎【ECO FRIENDLY & NON SLIP &No TASTE】: The surface is super soft suede material, the more sweat on the hands and feet, the better the grip of the mat. The bottom is a degradable natural rubber. Our natural rubbers have a light rubbery scent and no irritating odor. The non-slip texture prevents the mat from sliding on the floor and provides sufficient cushioning to greatly improve your yoga.
- 🌎 【LARGE SIZE &LIGHT WEIGHT】: 72" (183cm) x 26.77" (68cm) x 5mm for free yoga movement, Thickness: 5mm for softness and cushioning, . 5MM Thickness to protect your knees, elbows, joint and back better. Suede and grip texture rubber achieve double-surface non-slip. With high density and suitable thickness, the yoga mat can provide not only cushioning to protect your joints from injury, but also keep you in a good balance during your yoga training.
- 🌎【UNIQUE SUEDE SURFACE &NANOTECHNOLOGY TEXTILE】 : Suede surface is soft and comfortable and have better performance in terms of tear resistant, Nanotechnology textile can be lsolation and moisture removal. The printed pattern is made with advanced printing technology, no worry of fading and provide bright colors.
- 🌎【SUFFICIENT SPACE】: 72" x 26.77" ensures enough space for most exercise like yoga, pilates, ashtanga, bikram, vinyasa and balance exercise. Exceptional resilience and superior grip allows you to keep your balance and stability in any exercises.
- 🌎【USING & WASHING TIPS】: 1. For suede surface, more anti-slip can be achieved by spraying a little water with a spray bottle before exercise. 2. Rinse under the shower. Air-dried and avoid sun exposure.
The TXK Yoga Mats are beautiful, you can choose between three different designs, and they’re all so cute. More than a pretty mat, it’s also eco-friendly, machine-washing washable, and it uses a unique technology to get a perfect grip, even for people who sweat a lot.
It’s made of rubber with a suede top layer that absorbs sweat, making it non-slippery. It comes with two different thickness options, the thinnest ones are easier to transport and the thickest ones are more comfortable.
2 – Yoga blocks
There are two types of yoga blocks to choose from: the cork ones and the EVA foam ones. The cork blocks are sturdier, more resistant, and eco-friendly. The blocks made of EVA foam are more comfortable for stretching poses, are non-slippery, and usually are sweat-proof, they’re also cheaper. Here are two of the best options for each one (you’ll need two blocks):
The cork ones – Comes as a set of two with a strap included
The ones made of durable high-density EVA foam – Comes in 6 different colors.
If you are looking for a unique and thoughtful yoga gift, check out these ergonomic wooden blocks made by Bhoga. Contrary to square blocks, they adapt perfectly to the body’s natural curves and create a perfect fit.
3 – A Yoga mat bag or strap
It’s always useful to have something to carry your mat, from basic straps to nicer bags, a yoga bag is a useful and budget-friendly yoga gift. Here are a few options:
4 – Yoga mat spray
Every yoga lover needs a mat spray. Let’s face it, yoga mats quickly get a bit stinky, by using a yoga mat spray, you get rid of the stink after practice, and get a nice, relaxing smell when you do yoga. Here are a few options:
The ASUTRA Organic Yoga Mat Cleaner Variety Pack includes 6 different bottles, all smelling amazing. Made with essential oils, their sprays are organic, natural, and biodegradable. It gets rid of dust, dirt, and sweat effectively, and leaves a nice smell.
They also make an unscented spray for people sensitive to strong smells.
The Muse Bath Apothecary Yoga Ritual cleans and refreshes any yoga mat. Cruelty and chemical-free, this spray is a blend of natural ingredients and essential oils. Its delicate eucalyptus scent vivifies and refreshes a yoga practice while keeping the mat’s non-slip property.
5 – A Yoga Towel
A yoga towel helps keep the mat clean and absorbs sweat so you don’t slip. It’s a useful yoga gift for yoga lovers that take yoga classes at a gym, for those who sweat a lot, and for those who got a cheap mat that slips easily. Yogitoes by Manduka is, hand down, the best brand when it comes to making non-slippery yoga towels. The grip they offer is unrivaled. Here are a few options:
6 – Yoga clothing
It’s always useful to have an extra pair of leggings or shorts. You want to find something breathable, non-see-through, and not too loose. Here are our top picks:
7 – Grip Socks
Grip socks are a really useful yoga gift idea. It’s often easy to slip, especially with a cheap yoga mat, or for people who sweat a lot. The Hylaea Unisex Grip Socks are made of cotton and silicone gel.
Stretchable and breathable, they are extra comfy and will bring that extra boost of confidence every yogi needs for a successful practice.
8 – Yoga straps
Yoga straps are a great addition to a beginner yogi’s props. Yoga straps come in handy in more advanced poses where flexibility is required and you’re just not quite there yet. There are two types of straps to choose from, the multi loops straps and the adjustable ones. Here are our top picks for each type:
9 – A yoga wheel
A yoga wheel is also a useful yoga gift, it helps make backbends more comfortable, increase flexibility, and help with back pain.
The ATIVAFIT Sports Yoga Wheel comes with three wheels, one for the neck and legs, and two for the back. The padding is thicker than most yoga wheels, making it super comfy.
The wheels are made of eco-friendly TPE, which makes them durable, safe, and odorless. It doesn’t flex and can support weight up to 220 lbs, it’s also sweat resistant.
10 – Knee pads
Knee pads are a great yoga gift for yoga lovers who have weak knees, have suffered an injury, or simply for those who like to be extra comfy.
The SukhaMat Yoga Knee Pad Cushion is the perfect size, it doesn’t slip on the map, and makes practice more comfortable without compromising balance. It’s lightweight, rollable, and easy to carry around.
11 – Yoga kits
Yoga kits are the ultimate yoga gift for beginner yogis or for someone who’s thinking of starting doing yoga. Most kits include all the basic props and accessories a yoga lover needs for his/her practice. Here are our top selection:
Best Yoga gifts – Yoga-themed gifts
Yoga-themed gifts are great for yogis who already have all the equipment they need or if you’re unsure of what they have or not. Discover our top selection of yoga gifts, from books and cards to games and decorations.
Practicing Mindfulness includes 75 essential meditations to reduce stress, improve mental health, and find peace in the everyday. It’s beginner-friendly and easy to use. It’s a great resource for any yoga lover who’s into mindfulness and meditation.
Made at the Himalayan foothills by Nepalese craftsmen, the Silent Mind Tibetan Singing Bowl promotes peace, chakra healing, and mindfulness.
A thoughtful yoga gift, this bowl is a calming companion during yoga practice or meditation. It also comes with a guide on how to use it and in which settings to get the best out of it.
This lotus-shaped incense holder is a beautiful decorative item and a useful yoga gift. It can hold several incense sticks at once, creating a special atmosphere during yoga practice. A gift every yoga lover will appreciate and love.
This Kikkerland Goat Yoga Party game is a lot of fun and a one-of-the-kind game. Participants must do yoga poses while balancing the goat figurine and completing ridiculous challenges.
The whole family can play, even people who know nothing about yoga, just follow the cards and try not to lose your balance. Good time guaranteed and a unique yoga gift!
The Violet And Gale Travel Cup comes in a gift box, is well designed, and has double-wall vacuum isolation to keep drinks at the right temperature. It’s a cute and useful gift for yoga-lovers either to use at home or bring to work or to the yoga studio.
This nice yoga poster is a thoughtful yoga gift that will blend in any decor. Featuring 150 yoga poses, it’s a source of inspiration for any yogi, beginner to advanced, and will bring a touch of zen to any room.
Be careful, the frame is not included.
This yoga-themed Magnetic Poetry Kit includes over 200 inspirational words about the ancient practice of movement and breathing.
Write poetry, inspirational quotes, or leave a message on any magnetic surface. Find inspiration, let loose your creative side, and liberate the inner poet within you with this inspiring yoga gift.
19 – Ambesonne Yoga Apron
For a yogi who likes to cook, the apron will be a thoughtful budget-friendly yoga gift. The size is adjustable, the fabric is waterproof, and it’s machine-washing washable.
You can never go wrong with a classic gift and that’s what this mug is. Cute and useful, it will please any yoga and meditation lover.
This funny yoga-inspired poster will make a thoughtful yoga gift. The sloth doing yoga looks adorable and will make a nice addition to a yogi’s interior.
22 – The Yoga Kitchen
The Yoga Kitchen Cookbook includes over 100 vegetarian recipes to energize the body and balance the mind. This holistic cookbook mixes healthy recipes and food for the mind as well, with chapters divided by chakras.
These yoga-themed funny coasters make a perfect small gift for yoga lovers. Made of wood, it protects furniture while making a statement. Each coaster comes with a yoga pose and an entertaining quote. The set includes four coasters and a box to store them.
The Loomiloo Makeup Bag is cute, funny, and practical. It’s the perfect size to put small personal items and it fits perfectly inside a bigger purse or bag. It’s a nice yoga gift that any female yoga lover will appreciate.
The 50 Strong Yoga Water Bottle is perfect to bring to the gym, yoga studio, or use at home during practice. This bottle is cute, lightweight, and BPA-free. Its lid is leakproof and comes with a build-in ice guard. The perfect yoga gift!
26 – Calm Club Yoga Deck
The Calm Club Yoga Deck is made for beginner yogis who want to improve their practice and find inspiration. The cards show poses, how to do them properly, and include sequencing of yoga’s basic exercises. It’s a useful yoga gift for people who are starting yoga or who lack inspiration.
27 – Yogi Scented Candle
This Yogi Green Tea and Lemongrass Scented Candle is perfect to use during yoga practice and relaxation. It comes wrapped in a nice gift box and is made in the USA.
The Organic Stores Yoga and Tea Essentials Gift Basket for Her includes everything a yoga lover needs to relax from bath salts and scented candles to herbal tea and a fully illustrated Yoga book. It’s a great yoga gift for women who like to pamper themselves.
A daily dose of mindfulness is said to enhance creativity, productivity, peace of mind, and reduce stress. This jar is full of challenges and tasks to do daily to attain mindfulness and live a more peaceful life. The exercises are easy to do and can easily be fitted into a busy schedule.
This rosemary and lavender herbal tea will help balance the third eye or sixth chakra and will help improve yoga practice. The sixth chakra represents the part of our consciousness that absorbs external knowledge and helps share our inner thoughts.
These Yoga Dice are perfect to mix things up during yoga practice and find inspiration. The set includes 7 wooden dice, one for each chakra, creating thousands of combinations, and a manual explaining the poses.
This Yoga Night Light is cute and makes a nice yoga gift. It changes colors or you can set it to one, with seven colors to choose from, and it’s battery operated so it can be put anywhere.
This dream-catcher sarong can be used at the beach, on a yoga mat, thrown over a bed or sofa, or as a light blanket. It’s made of microfiber, is water absorbent, and the dye doesn’t fade.
The Om Nom Noms Yoga Pose Cookie Cutters are a fun yoga gift to give to a yoga lover who likes to bake. The three cookie cutters represent three basic yoga poses and can be used for cookies, pancakes, sandwiches, fruits, and so on.
What to buy a yoga lover?
There are two types of yoga gifts you can buy for a yoga lover, either yoga accessories or yoga-themed gifts. If you choose to get a yoga lover an accessory you’ll need to make sure he/she doesn’t already have it (there’s no need to have two yoga mats or four yoga blocks), or you can choose a piece of clothing.
As for yoga-themed gifts, well, you can never have too much of those. Pick one from the list above, asking yourself if the yogi you’re choosing a gift for will have a use for it or if it blends well with her/his style.
If you want to splurge, you can also gift them a yoga retreat.
What does every yoga lover need?
You don’t need much to practice yoga, but it’s always good to have at least a yoga mat, appropriate/comfortable clothing, and two yoga blocks. You can also get a yoga strap for beginner to intermediate yogis. To make it fancier add a yoga mat bag and a yoga mat spray.
What is a good yoga gift for a yoga teacher?
Your yoga instructor probably already has all the yoga accessories she/he needs. So, a yoga-themed present would make a good gift for a yoga teacher, such as a mug, or a water bottle, or maybe a decorative object.
Haven’t found what you were looking for? Check out some of our other gift guides:
- 35+ Best gifts for the woman who wants nothing she’ll love
- 30+ Cute and unique owl gifts for the owl lover in your life
- The sassiest Golden Girls Gifts ever